Monday, May 09, 2005

Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day. I awoke to a rainy San Francisco day. Unbelievable, considering the rains usually stop by the end of March. My plan to sleep in was interrupted by Eva's loud protests all morning. Silly girl, I'd have to ask her dad what all the fuss was about. She managed to calm down and helped me make blueberry corn muffins, stirring the eggs and filling the muffin tins. Art faced the storm by trying to grill bacon outside but ended up browning in the house. We had a tasty breakfast for the 6 of us.

I celebrated the day with a solo shower - quite lonely I must say. Eli joined me while I brushed my teeth. Grammy has found her way into Eva's heart, allowing her to play with chapstick all by herself. wow - am I going to have to face the music after she leaves. Grammy's secret weapon works in her favor most of the day, "You can play with the chapstick If you ......." a miracle I say.

Eva and I made pie crust cookies with our animal cookie cutter Sydney gave us. The last batch was coming out of the oven when Joe Cheeseman arrived for dinner. We had a nice time visiting with Joe. He fits in to all of the madness without batting an eye. We had grilled pork loin, spinach salad, asparagus, and roasted potatoes. Joe brought us black berries and cream for whipping. We managed to all squeeze around the breakfast nook. The children ended the day by jumping from the orange ottoman over the arm of the sofa with a crash landing. It took a while to settle down but we had some sleeping babes by 7:15 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment