Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The possum

A few weeks ago, Eli and I went to Phil's Coffee to try a highly recommended cup of coffee. I was delighted with the hand-dripped Turkish blend. It was delicious. The owner, Phil, was so generous he wanted me to try all of his blends. Needless to say I was CAFFEINED for a good portion of the morning. I was miss chatty, miss efficient and felt fabulous, until I crashed. By the time Eva came home from school I was so tired, I could barely keep my eyes opened. I gave Eva and Eli some milk, read them books and declared the next 30 minutes, quiet time. I immediately ran in to my room and laid across my bed. Well, quiet time lasted about 5 minutes, Eli came running in to my room saying, "mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy......" over and over until it was clear he was getting no response from me. I played possum to see what would happen. He then darted down the hall towards the living room, all I heard was the little slap slap of his feet hitting the hard wood floors. Eva ran promptly after him saying, "Eli, Mommy is taking a nap, can I help you with something?" Nice to have a substitute mom in these cases and Eva certainly fits the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment