Thursday, July 20, 2006

my hip is lonely

well it's happening, after three and a half years, my babies are getting too big for me to carry. certainly there are moments of a quick whisking away, a pause with Eli is his old spot, but for the most part, my days of perpetually having a parsite on my hip are over. with each attempt to lift and comfort a crying child or a hard-headed effort to show that I can still do it, i realize that i'm just not strong enough to fight against the gravity that wants to keep these strong little bodies in constant motion on the ground. alas, I just had to acknowledge that this milestone has not come with out my notice. I think happily back on my hip-extended stance as some child perched gracefully as I was cooked, walked, or just rocked back and forth. so be warned you folks out there with little ones, if I get my hands on your child, I'll wear them proudly upon the hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment