Monday, June 04, 2007

Bad Day for Mama

So my car started making a really strange high-pitched noise that within 15 minutes of driving, started to drive me crazy. I decided relieve Art from car duty which often falls on him, which meant I would have to take Eva+Eli along.....we drove to Planet Saab and left the car at 8:30 am. The garage is located in SOMA so I thought we could eat at Brain Wash (a laundromat that serves yummy breakfasts) then take the bus to church as we often volunteer at the Senior Center. I've always thought SOMA to be less kept up than the rest of the city but having children on foot was a real awakening to how DIRTY and littered this area is. I was a bit crazed by the time we got to the cafe and went straight to the restroom for hand washing. Just before the food arrived, Eli had to take a pee/possible poo. I placed him on the potty, he did not in fact have to poo but peed all over his pants. luckily he was wearing long johns instead of underwear that were wet but better than the pants. Then Eva had to poop as soon as the meal arrived. I left Eli just sitting there eating contently as I half stood in the door way watching both children. After our meal Eli was ready to go but I wanted to finish my decaf latte. I put him on my lap and soon the latte was on my seersucker jacket, shirt, jeans and my white overcoat. we packed up and headed back out to the city street, dodging dog poo at every tree, glass, and grime. We walked the three blocks to the bus stop to find out the 19 Polk street bus no longer comes down 9th street. We walked the 4 LONG blocks to the main library to wait for the bus. We were a little early so Eva wanted to go to the playground at Civic Center. We played there until Eva said she had to pee - we went over near a tree. then 5 minutes later she had to poo. I told her to hold though she said she could not. We walked back over the street and through the long corridors of the San Francisco Main Library. They had a perfect rest room in the children's library. Eva had not completely made it so the underwear came off. The cherry on the top was the sexton at church asked me if I was pregnant - no I'm not, I'm just too busy finding bathrooms, avoiding dog poop and shuttling wee ones to get any exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment