Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween













It has been so long since I've spent time on this site. Halloween is a place to start! It was a fun day. Eva was able to go to school regaled as her puff/pom pom fairy. Eva went with the entire Kingergarten to St. Anne's to parade for the seniors living in the facility. It was Eli's hiking day so the teachers requested a sensible outfit. Eli chose a pair of red striped tights and brought his red sparkle shoes to wear instead of slippers during lunch. Shu Shu was grand support all day as I had duties for the school's Fairy Walk.

After the children we safely tucked away in school I went in to full operation Queen of Hearts mode. This is the tableau that I was in charge of for the school. Susan helped me gather boxes, load furniture, pick up fire-place surrounds and most of all witness me forgetting my children. I let time get a head of me and was 45 minutes late picking up Eli. He was snuggled in Heidi's lap reading a book. He was fine but a little fragile the rest of the day. Eva was so mad that when I showed up. She was having her first "after-care" experience and did not want to leave. I finally hailed a cab and forced two screaming children in to their seat and the driver pulled away. Susan assured me this only lasted a block.

No comments:

Post a Comment