Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Springs for Spring Break




A month before we had our break from school, I arrived to pick the children up from school after hiking day. Dagmar looked a bit chagrined as she handed me a bag of we clothes. She admitted the children got very wet at the "springs." In turn I looked over and saw Eva BEAMING with joy from her experience. As the day went on, I find out that Eva basically sat down in the water and all the children followed. She confessed that Dagmar at first tried to stop them but alas she let them. Eli on the other hand was regaling me with stories of the cement pile. It really made no sense to me but I enjoyed his enthusiasm.

A few Saturday's later, after I'd had a long run I was pleased as pie to go in search of the Springs in the Presidio. The children told us where to park, showed us where to walk. It turns out it was a place we'd been to many times before. I curled up like a cat in the sun and took a nap while the children carried cement from a pile over to the water and formed smooth balls and set them to dry.

This spot became a site for Naomi, Leon, Marcel, E + E and I spent the first day of our break. We were there for 4 hours. It was perfect. Naomi, Marcel and I just relaxed under the tree while our busy bees worked diligently at their tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment