Friday, June 12, 2009

mmmmm Sidewalk Juice


Imagine this in a cup: almond butter, almond milk, almond extract, bananas, frozen yogurt. It's got its hooks in us. About a month ago, Art and I met one afternoon while the children were in school and had our first. It's not uncommon now for me to say once a week, "I have a confession, I went to Sidewalk Juice today." I'll look at Art as he responds, "so did I." I'm just glad it's broken his McDonald's shake cravings.

Today I took the children for their first experience after the last day of school. I started telling the woman behind the counter the story from above, she asked what their dad looks like, she guessed like them with blue eyes, Eva piped-in, "No he has black hair, brown eyes." She looked at me and said that she never recalled seeing me with anyone. I had my camera, showed her a picture and she exclaimed, "I know him!" Eli asked me how many of smoothies the woman gets to eat, Eva boldly inquired for her brother to find out she can eat the remainder of any smoothie she makes - what a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment