Wednesday, September 16, 2009

kid friendly


I hatched a new plan to spend more time with the children in the space. I find at home I'm always distracted with the socks on the floor, dishes on the table, ingredients in the fridge in need of preparation. Eli gets out of school at 1:00 and Eva at 2:30. Today I went with Eli and my friend Jillian and her daughter Violet to the space. Cardboard was the big draw today, literally and figuratively. Violet took home a lovely layered pastel piece and Eli left behind the beginning of a city. Jillian helped me as I worked on the focus of my camera, still unpredictable but I feel I have a little more control over the settings. After our friends departed Eli and I had an hour to just hang while Eva had a playdate across the street with Luca, so much for hanging with mom, she got cookies.

2 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of its name: The Space

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this documentation, Jan. I say The Studio, you say The Space--thank God we have a place!! Let's hatch a plan for some group time. FYI, Cheryl came to the show tonight--so grateful to have her in our lives, our lives in hers. Peace.

    ReplyDelete