Thursday, April 09, 2009

Hands

It was a last month when Eli put his hand in mine walking down the side walk, as he does everyday several times, that I realized his new paw. I could always feel the difference in the children, though only 11 months apart, when I held their hands. Eva's hand has always been bigger. Her long, slender fingers always felt more substantial then Eli's. I remember making a note, maybe even in an earlier blog, when Eli started to loose the baby fat of his chubby little hand. Now his fingers are strong and the nails are so big - why would they all of a sudden grow like this? Eva's hands are now callused from her love of monkey bars and the addition of the trapeze in out doorway to the living room. I know they are little marks of how much they've grown the last few years but this is my most tangible record of measurement.

No comments:

Post a Comment